Why his reading and knowing more about routerlogin.net important. Configuring the router means changing the settings of your router or customizing the settings of your router that are already stored on it by default. When you configure or customize your router, it ensures the security of your router. The configurations would include changing wireless and security settings, changing the username and password, setting parental controls, setting up a guest network, verifying the internet connection etc.
Today, we will discuss the configuration of the router for internet connection.
When you want to change the settings of your Netgear wifi router, you would be needed to log in to the admin panel of your router. To log into the router, you have to know the router’s default IP address or local web address routerlogin.net and router’s user name & password. You can find these details in your device manual.
The Netgear router firmware also needs to be updated regularly which you can update using this link to ensure that your router stays compatible with the latest devices. It helps in fixing the bugs & provides a more secure network environment for you.
A router has an independent network with local IP 192.168.0.1 or routerlogin.net and its operating system based on UNIX. Netgear router comes with user-friendly web-based interface. Logging into your Netgear router by using the web address routerlogin.net will allow you to customize the settings and to even set up your wireless router.
Most of the Netgear routers are dual-band routers that support 2.4 GHz as well as 5 GHz band. It has a wireless speed of up to 300 Mbps that supports simultaneous connection to wireless devices and applications.
How to configure Netgear router:
By using the Netgear Smart setup wizard, you can configure the Netgear router for the broadband or cable network. Follow the steps given below to configure your router:
- Make a connection between your router and modem by using an Ethernet cable. Connect your modem’s LAN port to the port of your router. Also connect your computer’s port to the LAN port of the router using an Ethernet cable.
- Next, Reboot your all the devices i.e. router, computer and modem.
- Now, Launch an Internet browser such as Internet Explorer and type the IP address of your router either 192.168.0.1 or 192.168.1.1 in the address bar field of your browser. The IP address depends on the model of your router. You can also use local web address i.e. routerlogin.net.
- The Netgear login window displays after pressing the enter key. It asks you for the username and password to log into the router. Enter the default login credentials of your router and press ‘Enter’.
- The default username for most of the Netgear routers is admin and password is password. Enter the username and password if you have set before.
- After you login to the Netgear router it will redirects you to the smart setup wizard page.
- Go to the ‘Setup Wizard’ and follow the instructions to setup your Netgear router.
- The internet connection type will automatically detected by the Smart Setup Wizard. The Dynamic IP is detected by the Smart Wizard in the case of the cable internet connection.
- Enter the SSID and password with the security type that you may use.
- Next, click ‘Save’ to save all the settings that you have made.
Note: If you’ve forgotten your username or password, you can reset your Netgear router by pressing the Reset button that is placed on the back of your router. Make sure your router is turned on before proceeding with the reset.
By using www.routerlogin.net or routerlogin.net you can resolve all your issues of logging into your router. If you have any query related to your Netgear router, you can take assistance from our technical experts who have years of experience. For this, simply call us on our toll free number or chat live with us.