Got a new Netgear wifi range extender? Congratulations on your smart purchase. Netgear wifi extenders are known for their performance and cost-effectiveness. They effectively increase the throughput of your existing wireless networks. You can use these wifi extenders at your home and even in offices. Want to know about the Netgear wifi extender setup? Don’t worry, we will discuss the process of Netgear wifi extender setup in this article. We have put together some of the basic steps to set up the new wireless range extender device. Setting up the range extender is a very easy task but you need to make sure that you follow the steps very carefully.
EXTENDER SETUP PROCESS
In this section, we will discuss about the Netgear wifi extender setup. We have provided the instructions below:
- First of all, take your new wifi range extender out of the new package and place it on the table.
- Tilt the radio antenna and connect the wifi range extender to the computer.
- Take the RJ45 Gigabit Ethernet cable to connect the device to the computer.
- Plug the one end of the Ethernet cable into the LAN port on the device and plug another end into the LAN port on your computer.
- Now plug the range extender into the power outlet near the location where you experience the dead zone. Dead zone refers to the zone where the wireless signal of the network is weak.
- Now go to the computer and launch any of your favorite web browsers.
- Look at the top of the homepage, you will see an address bar. Enter the default web address of your wireless range extender into the address bar and click Go.
- The browser will take you to the Netgear wifi extender login page where you will see a small login window asking for device login credentials.
- Enter the device username and password into the fields and click Login.
- Now you will be directed to the Netgear wifi extender setup page.
- Scan for the active wireless networks and locate the home wifi.
- Connect to your wireless network. Enter the wireless network passphrase if prompted and you will be connected to the wireless network.
Now that you have connected the wifi extender to the wireless network, you need to set up the wireless security configurations same as that of the wireless router. If you want to configure the security settings of your extender separately, you can do that manually, but in this case, you will need to connect to the extender manually when you are far from the network range of your router.
So this was the tutorial about Netgear wifi extender setup. We hope that this article helped you to set up the new wireless range extender easily. If you face any issue at the time of setup process, you can call us freely on our Toll-Free number and we will be more than happy to assist you.